Thursday 11 July 2013

MY NEW HUNTING BOW - PSE OMEN MAX


I was not going to get a new "fancy" bow until i took my first deer with my current 12 year old PSE Carrera. Well I mistakenly thought “what’s the harm in looking at trademe?” and what do you know but there was 2013s fastest bow on the planet selling for nearly half price! I checked the bank account, double checked all my bills. Slept on it. Checked bills again. And thought bugger it I will get it!

Well I have had it two weeks now and I am impressed! The arrows come out at blistering 366 ft per second (IBO) and hit the target with eye watering power. At 50m on a 430grain arrow and tip my PSE Carrera penetrated the target with half an arrow length. Same distance same arrow the PSE Omen Max shovels the arrow into the same target up to its fletching!
When I shoot this bow in the rain the arrow leaves an impressive twirl like “vapour” trail of water, as it flys off the spinning projectile. This speed bow makes me smile every shot., it quiet, accurate and very powerful.

Yep the small brace height is rather unforgiving on poor form. I have found it has widen my 50m groups from 6-7ins on the old Carrera to 12in groups at 50m, I guess shooting an equally unforgiving Carrera for so long put me in good stead for this bow but i will need to tighten up.
I haven’t put 100 arrows through the Omen yet (cruse this weather) but I will be doing just that this weekend. Then its off to christen the Omen on a lucky goat.


  

No comments: